No contest here, folks. Just one (nearly done!) NBaT:
Just a little drying time and some embroidery to go, and Ivy (one of the "creepy models") will have herself a new t-shirt. The neck re-do looks much better this go-round: I took out one row after the purl turning ridge, and that really helped the neck trim lie flat and look more like, you know, a t-shirt neck, and less like slightly deflated balloon. Which is a plus. I think the seam underneath the neck looks quite nice: rather than bind off the neck and sew the bound-off edge to the ridge formed by the picked-up stitches, I grafted my live neck stitches to the blue (neck) yarn from the picked up stitches that are tucked underneath the ridge. I made sure to keep the tension nice and loose, and was happy with the end result. It looks nice- you can see the inside of the neck across the top of the picture- the picked-up stitch ridge is completely tucked inside the blue ringer trim. And it feels nice- the ridge is hidden, and it is quite smooth (no bulk from the bind-off row, either). It took a few tries for me to get the neckline to work for me.
Next up: embroidering the "nit" and "afe". At that point the off-center intarsia letters will hopefully stop driving me totally bonkers. And I may outline the pink letters with the pretty blue (such a pretty blue, thanks Rowan) to get them to pop a little more. I tested the small letter (nit afe) embroidery with the pink, and it was a little too, um, subtle. Invisible, you might say. So blue it is!
Oh- also, thanks to everyone who commented and emailed with kind words about the shrug. I'll be posting more specifics on it very soon...
Knit On! (yeah, I'm still totally laughing at that note)